Aggressive Legal Advocacy For Motorcycle Accident Victims
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating and often involve life-changing injuries. In order to properly evaluate these cases, you need an attorney that has practical experience riding. Attorney Tim Kuzelka has not only ridden a wide variety of motorcycles during his legal career but has also participated in several training programs to further solidify his knowledge in this area.
After a motorcycle accident, the civil justice system allows people hurt to be compensated when the negligence of another party is the cause of physical harm and property damage. A careless action by another driver can result in severe harm to a motorcycle rider regardless of the rider’s skill level. In order to maximize your chances of a successful financial recovery, you should seek out an attorney who has both legal and real-world experience.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Occur So Frequently?
In many cases, drivers of larger vehicles are at fault for causing a motorcycle accident, and the most common root causes are inattention and carelessness. Motorcyclists are sometimes hard to see unless you are actively scanning for them. Many drivers simply fail to keep a lookout for bikers, or they misjudge a biker’s speed and proximity. Common accident scenarios include:
- Making left turns across oncoming traffic, leaving no time or distance for an oncoming motorcyclist to slow down or get out of the way
- Rear-end accidents (either ramming into the back or a motorcycle or stopping suddenly and forcing the biker to ram into the back of the offending driver’s car)
- Skid outs and other accidents caused by debris or leaking fluids from larger vehicles
- Clipping or cutting off a motorcyclist by failing to leave a safety buffer when passing
- Run-off accidents, where the sudden and unpredictable actions of a driver cause a motorcyclist to overcorrect and get run off the road
Whatever the circumstances of your crash, you can count on our California motorcycle accident lawyers to carefully investigate the details and to hold the at-fault party accountable.
Common Injuries Associated With Motorcycle Crashes
Some common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Head and neck injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Spinal damage
- Nerve damage
In some cases, the person hurt is unable to return to work for an extended amount of time because of the seriousness of the injuries. Then in other crashes, the injuries are so severe that the person is unable to ever return to work and may not be able to complete daily activities due to permanent injury. In some instances, the victim may require hospitalization, surgeries and therapy.
How Our Skilled Attorneys Can Help You
A motorcycle accident attorney can help victims of car accidents in a variety of ways including:
- Gathering evidence from the collision, including police and medical reports, and in cases where the accident caused severe injuries or wrongful death, they may use experts to recreate the accident scene.
- Help find doctors that will work with the injured person.
- Handle all dealings with the negligent party’s insurance company.
- Pursue damages by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
If the accident is a hit-and-run, our skilled lawyers can help negotiate a settlement with the injured driver’s own insurance company for damages.
Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation
It is important to find an attorney experienced in motorcycle accident litigation, since this can be a complex area of law. Our motorcycle accident attorneys have extensive experience handling similar cases and are dedicated to protecting the rights of clients. If your injuries are due to the negligence of another, you deserve compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, property damage and other related costs. If you or a loved one suffered harm in a vehicle collision in California, contact the Law Office of Brian H. Turner for a free consultation. You can reach out online or call 916.229.8800.