Trusted And Experienced Representation In Wrongful Death Litigation
Fear, anger, sorrow and confusion are some of the emotions that can run through your mind while facing the loss of a loved one who died because of the negligence of another person, business or organization. The Law Office of Brian H. Turner is here to help you and your family get through these difficult times. We have the compassion to understand your troubles and the tenacity to recover the compensation needed to help your family move forward.
Actions That May Warrant A Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Wrongful deaths can be the result of negligent or intentional acts. Examples include:
- Fatal injuries from dangerous and defective products
- A slip-and-fall on dangerous property
- Assault and battery
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Each situation requires extensive investigation into the fault of the other party and how the fault contributed to the loss of the victim’s life.
Proving Liability For Wrongful Death
In California, there are four elements that plaintiffs need to prove to be successful in wrongful death litigation. They are:
- Showing that the defendant owed the victim of a duty of care (for drivers, a duty of care could be as simple as the duty to obey traffic laws)
- Demonstrating that the defendant violated their duty of care due to negligent behaviors or willful actions
- Showing that the defendant’s actions/violations caused the victim’s death
- Demonstrating that the victim’s family members suffered quantifiable losses connected to or resulting from their death (medical bills, funeral/burial expenses, loss of income, etc.)
It typically takes the help of a skilled attorney to prove all four elements in a manner that leaves no doubt of liability and opens the door to maximize plaintiff compensation.
How An Attorney Can Protect Your Family’s Financial Well-Being
Insurance companies on behalf of the responsible party can try to capitalize on your pain and sorrow by offering a quick and cut-rate settlement. These companies have no sympathy for your situation or the loss you have suffered. Losing a loved one can leave your family with medical bills, funeral expenses and the loss of financial support, which is why it is so important to be represented by a caring and experienced wrongful death attorney.
We’re Here To Listen And Help – Contact Us Today
At the Law Office of Brian H. Turner, our attorneys know how to deal with the at-fault parties and will work tirelessly to help you and your loved ones claim the compensation you deserve. We are based in Sacramento and serve clients throughout the surrounding areas of California. To learn more during a free initial consultation, please contact us online or call 916.229.8800.